phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Life is Going Good

So, I've been in Goshen for over a month now. It's been an interesting time and I'm still in the process of learning a lot...in more than one way. College life is definately exciting. I like constantly having people around to listen and talk to. It's just so exciting.

I'm taking five classes this semester, so I have a full load. In addition to that, I'm working two jobs on campus and I'm involved with some societies, namely the Third Culture Society (TCS). Being the result of a mixed marriage, I've always felt slightly different. In terms of culture, I never quite clicked in any one place...except at home with my brothers. But TCS has been interesting cuz although I don't have the same background as any of the other members, many of us are in the same situation; so despite being different, we all understand each other. We have an awesome time of getting to know each other through which we talk about our countries from all over the world and what life is like there.

Recently, I've been quite busy...things should be slowing down a bit now as Fall Break approaches. I'm looking forward to the changing colors of leaves...but not the cold. The weather here has been eratic. A couple days ago, we were in sweaters. Yesterday, it was hot and humid the whole day...kind of like back home. But when the sun is out and the sky is blue, Goshen is just beautiful.

I was thinking about home yesterday...what would seem like insignificant things to many...mamak, street life, 1U, the thunderstorms, etc. I had to stop there...it brings gentle tears to my eyes. But more than anything, I miss the people. My family, friends...each one very special.

Well, enough reminiscing for now. I hope to write more often but no guarantees. Thanks to you guys for your patience. It is appreciated. I'll be back...sometime!

3 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WelCome BacK

-sid-

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Thanks Sid.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too. Very much.

Dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home