phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Now a Douloid

So I am back from my two months on the Doulos. Wow...I kinda wish I was still there. It's been such an amazing time of learning so many different things about life and everything else. 325 people from 43 different countries. What a melting pot of cultures and languages. My favorite times are definaltely when we pray in groups. I love hearing all the different people pray in their own languages: Finnish, Swiss-German, French, Japanese, Africaans, Swahili, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Korean...and the list goes on. Then of course, it so interesting on a daily basis just speaking to people as we all speak some degree of English, but that still leaves us with about 30 different versions of English. Quite exciting!

Our voyage from Phuket, Thailand to Port Klang, Malaysia was quite an exciting one. One of my friends from Finland, and I were at the front of the ship and we saw dolphins, about 6 of them swimming in front of the ship.

Such a wonderful experiance. Will continue soon.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger jeanie said...

Welcome back cool cat! Look forward to more updates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home