phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Long time eh?

After the one year plus gap in posting, thought I was done eh? And that I wasn't coming back? That I'd finally finished saying everything I had to say? Hmmm...nope, not at all. However the life of my blog is in jeapordy due to an abundance of laziness. Anyway, because of that (laziness), I'm gonna summarize life quickly (and not do it any justice at all) and then add millions of words in pictures.

I'm reading Paradise Lost now and it's like opening presents. Over and over again.

My life is more focused around facebook now than blogger...I guess that means I'm more into other people's lives than into commenting on my life, etc.

I really like tea. Black, white, green and currently my favorite is a red rooibus spice tea.

My favorite word right now: fleet. It reminds me of fleets of spaceships. I like spaceships a lot. Supreme Commanders of Fleets are pretty cool too.

I'm really enjoying the weather in SFO and it's supposed to be up in the 80's this wkend which means I'm gonna be outside hiking and stuff.

I need to do my taxes. DARN.

Australia beckons in December and I'm looking to my month there. My new goal is a new country every year. At least. Next year: Scotland (hopefully).

Trailing scarves, scented candles, garage sales, stargazer lilies, brownies, hand written letters, hot earl gray bubble tea, photography.

I changed my mind about the pictures. They are after all, on facebook. So if facebook's approved our friendship, you can check them out there. Otherwise, do complain to me. Yeah, forget those millions of words. People don't really listen anyway...right? (further emphasizes the reason to complain to me)

later.

scarf knitting, Stargate watching,
d

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger voxie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger voxie said...

Hey you, just thought I'd let you know that I'm just someone who has started putting "Certain shades of pink" on the *Interests* bit of her personal profile, lately. Because I do like, no love, certain shades of pink. Always have I think, only really noticed it back in 2001 or '2, when I was creating my PSO (videogame) character and gave her this long, candyfloss pink hair, that became my signature, my legacy, over the years to come, followed up by a coincidental love for Utena (a pink-haired anime character, starring in a series I love & respect). ANYway, where was I. Yeah anyway, I have a sincere love for certain shades of pink, lol. I am in the middle of writing a book called "Lesbians in London", which is basically about lesbians... in London, and all the confusion that comes with growing up as a young dyke in this crazy city, crazy lifestyle, crazy world. Then, upon updating my Facebook's personal details (where I also describe myself as having an interest in "Certain shades of pink"), BANG! I had a spontaneous brainwave (it is my dayoff today, I am always half-thinking of the book when I'm chilling out anyway). The brainwave was something like "that could be a good name for the book..?" So I decided to Google "certain shades of pink" to check if there had already been a book published out there with the same name. Seems not! (Oops, though I should check Amazon too...) ANYway, your blog came up near the top of the list. And your title/header, Daenielle, I read, and immediately knew that "Certain Shades of Pink" would be a perfect name for my book. Through a series of small coincidences and events, including your blog, I ultimately, realised that shades of pink could mean a hundred things... not just a colour in the sense of fashion, accesories or hair (as it has been for me, up to now), but also a spectrum of the way of life, however overrated, underrated it might be. The different kinds of love in a relationship, friendship. Different shades of skin colour - everyone is pink somewhere, but most importantly, we are all pink on the inside! It's kinda hard to really explain and define what I'm going through with all this without sounding completely insane. But, your blog definitely gave it that li'l extra push towards confirming this something me. And I just wanted to thank you for doing that for me. So, thank you, Daenielle. :)

(PS: And I can't believe you hadn't posted for over a year until just recently! Talk about good timing!)

Maybe you should post more? x

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Welcome back blogger :) I hope you post more often :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home