phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A Very Bland Shade of Pink

I am supposed to be on holidays, but one would never know with the amount of things that i have to do. I am presently working on this 8-page essay on the k-society...don't ask. In addition to that, i am trying to get my university applications out soon, otherwise i will remain in college for the rest of my life...or so it would seem.

I have to say that this whole application process is very tedious. I mean, there are so many intricate details that need to be taken into account and addressed. Besides that, the U.S. has thousands of universities, so how am i supposed to narrow it down to three that i want to send my applications to? Well, that's actually what i am trying to figure out now. I've managed to zoom in to Texas (i've eliminated 49 states!), simply because of the weather, which is similar to the weather here. I need the sun...lots of it and the less snow, the better. I do not function at my best in cold weather-something that i have learned by living through some cold, snowy winters in the States.

Anyway, i should be going somewhere in Texas, but where exactly, i have yet to figure out. My decision will be made based on the standard of the uni, the population of undergraduates, the location of the campus, the reputation of the university and also the amount of financial aid they are willing to offer me, an undergrad transfer student. I can proudly say that i have narrowed my list down to about 15 uni's...which really is an achievement for me.

Believe it or not, i started this whole process the end of last year while i was in the U.S., thinking that i would be able to access more information there, but apparently it was mostly a nice thought, because i didn't do much at all. Of course, there have been many pauses and breaks along the way as i have not been very consistent with the whole thing. I only really started moving after i had decided my major, which was fairly recently. That itself took quite a while, as i was seriously contemplating doing English. What changed my mind was the sociology class that i took. I really enjoyed the class, and it is something that i can see myself doing sometime in the future.

Anyway, so yeah...i'm gonna be doing sociology, i should be going to somewhere in Texas...and i hope to transfer the beginning of next year. Well, i'm not hoping to leave here, but i am hoping to go there...if that makes any sense. I'll definately miss it here....first and foremost, my friends...the food...well, so many things. I'll write about that some other time perhaps, i'm checking out Baylor University now...

Ciao!

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur not hoping to leave here but ur hoping to go thr??..eh?..ru drunk? or confused!.....i hope u decided 2 stay...gosh..im mean..lol...ok..hope u get a good uni...n a good place..2 stay...n come home..a more mature danel!...:p...when ru supposed to leave again?

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrgh. cannot Change name. Anyway. this Is John Wee Here. Do your BEST! GO FOR THE BEST! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home