phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Matthew 7:13

I stood at the fork in the road. Before me were two very different and distinctive paths staring back at me, each begging me to choose it. I paused for a moment. Thoughts rushed through my head as i tried to figure out which road would be the best one to take. There were no road signs; only the 2 very diverse paths, each leading on its own way.

I wished someone was there to help me, someone who could help me with my decision...someone who knew each path inside out. But there wasn’t any such person there with me. I was all alone.

I chose the path to the left. It definitely looked better than the other road, which appeared rugged, dusty, all too gloomy, and definitely not at all inviting. For a minute i stopped to ponder why i had even considered the right path at all. Then i heard it, and realized. There was a soft and still, yet intense beckoning, coming from each of the two paths. They were calling out to me.

Now i had already chosen the left path, so i decided to stick with my decision. I walked down the beautiful path and was instantly delighted with my decision. What could have been better? Definitely not the other path, which appeared so horribly rugged and dull. Who would ever want to walk down that path? Why did it even exist?

I sailed through the beautiful gardens on cloud nine, admiring the beauty of the river flowing by my side and the sparrow’s chirping in the trees. The river was lined with weeping willows that seemed to sway to the tune of the enchanting music that i heard. It was like something out of an Anne of Green Gables book. A light breeze gently blew through my hair, upsetting the colorful leaves that had settled beautifully on the path in front of me. The smell of freshly cut grass accompanied me as i continued to make my way along the path. I walked on and on and on…it seemed never ending.

The sun was shining on me, and although it was bright, the breeze kept me cool. It was a beautiful day. I felt so relieved thinking of the choice that i had made. Certainly this was better than anything the other path could even dream of offering. As i walked on, i picked some apples from the trees along my way. I can’t begin to describe how sweet and crunchy they were…simply luscious. I was enjoying life more than i ever imagined i could have.

Suddenly, i came to a dead end. How could that be? I had chosen the right road. How could it have been wrong? It was beautiful and everything seemed so nice and felt so good. Does this mean that i should have chosen the rugged, awful, humdrum path that appeared to be leading nowhere? No…this could not be so, yet…it was the only way. I was wrong. Although i was sure that i had made the right decision, i was wrong…WRONG!!!

The words “Game Over” flashed on the screen in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home