phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Starbucks

I never imagined that the environment around me matters so much.

I was working on this essay for one of my scholarship applications and it really wasn't going too well. I hadn't put much time into it simply because I really didn't feel like doing it in the first place. After two unsuccessful drafts, I was prepared to give up. I reached a point where I really didn't care whether I got the scholarship or not.

Suddenly the phone rang and the friend I was talking to suggested that I try working on the essay in a new environment - somewhere outside my room...somewhere more relaxed. It sure sounded like a brilliant idea to me.

The next day, I was in Starbucks with my chocolate frappuccino. Yummy! As usual, the relaxing jazzy music was playing in the background. I sat down with a fresh notepad and two hours later, I walked out with a great feeling of satisfaction. My essay was done well and I had actually enjoyed working on it. Apparently, pampering myself works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home