phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Just As It Is

Yay! I'm finally going to go back to high school to help out with netball training. I've been waiting for netball season since last year and now it's finally here. Anyway, tomorrow evening I will be in the school field enjoying myself and once again doing one of the things I do best.

I'm at work now and I was just flipping through some of the papers I'm dealing with. Shucks! I didn't know that soccer is such a big industry. I mean, I knew it was big, but I didn't know it was this BIG. Did you know that the 2001 revenue of the international broadcasting rights alone for the FA Premier League comes to a grand total of USD 257 million. No wonder it's the world's largest leisure industry and Zidane cost his club almost USD 64 million in transfer fees. Yikes...expensive people!

This is really random. I haven't done research on this, but based my own observation, I think that there are at least two ways ink works on paper. A ballpoint pen makes markings on the surface of the peper. A fountain or inky pen, on the other hand, actually puts the ink into the paper - basically it soaks in. I don't know why I'm thinking about this, but it's something I realized. Pencils have the same effect on paper as ballpoint pens - writing appears on the surface and not is not sunken in the paper.

I think I am deprived of human interaction. Not deprived to a dangerous level, but to a level below what is normal for someone like me. I say this because I spend a lot of time by myself since I have started working. It's just been me and the computer. The fact that I don't have any collegues doesn't help either. It's been such a big change since college where I was around people my entire day. Anyway, my explanation is that I lack human interaction. Perhaps this would explain my sudden interest on how ink works on paper.

In the meantime, I have started composing a list of what I intend to take with me to the U.S. There are things that I still need to buy and a few things that I need to plan on doing before I go over. I kind of look forward to going, but at the same time I'm flooded with mixed feelings about the whole thing. It's gonna be a big step and I'm not too sure if I'm ready for it yet. Plus, I'm gonna miss everyone here so much. At this point, taking a big step into the another part of the world, all by myself, with no one holding my hand, sounds extremely frightening. I am quite scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home