phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Out of the Dumps

There are days when i feel down. It could be because i know that i hurt someone, because i was hurt by someone, because a friend disappointed me, or maybe just because everything seems to be going wrong. It’s on days like these that i feel most vulnerable.

Instead of moping around the whole day, which is all i feel like doing sometimes, i try to identify what is bothering me. Once i know the source of my ‘misery’, i try my best to address it…though this is not always possible and sometimes it just doesn’t work. But i try, and if i still feel down, i have a few things that can cheer me up when i’m in the dumps:

  • ice cream
  • chocolates
  • talking to people who understand my quirkiness
  • a hug
  • hearing compliments and words of encouragement
  • shopping, but not window shopping
  • opening up to my best friend
  • pizza margherita
  • lying in my room, on my floor, listening to my favorite songs
  • ‘happily ever after’ movies
  • playing the piano
  • getting calls from friends who just happen to call
  • helping someone with their problems
  • traveling
  • sitting in my dark room, admiring this pink star shaped light that i have next to my bed
  • hearing someone say “I love you” and knowing that they mean it
  • hanging out the whole day with a close friend
  • the best thing though, is solving the problem or dealing with the issue that’s bothering me.

These are things that cheer me up. What about you? Anything to share….?

10 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm..well...so now i know wat 2 do...2 cheer u up..when ur down...:)..erm as for me...i havent discovered wat would cheer me up yet...but i guess...erm..music..and friends like u...:)

`sid "pheno" menon

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Yeah...and hearing people like you saying things like that cheers me up too...thanks!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Captain Haddock said...

I rarely feel down. I cannot remember the last time I every felt truly depressed. Think it was a few months ago. I seem to have the ability to compartmentalise problems in my head. If I'm worried, concerned or upset about something and I can't do anything about it at that particular moment, then I put in a mental box in my head and store it elsewhere until it's time to deal with it.

Maybe I'm lucky that way.

But I'd imagine that when I'm down, I'd get over it by going to my favourite mamak, meeting up with friends that don't irritate me, having a teh 0 ais, smoking, eating nasi lemak kosong with a fried egg and talking about the future.

Guaranteed pick-me-up.... for me anyway.

Cheers!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

hmm...well for me..its mostly music, just music and no songs...i'd just lie on my bed and slip on my headphones..or if im in a cool place(not malaysia) ....I'd head off to the parks...and just watch people, their joy, the green, under a great big tree...and also with music...that gives me comfort

or..sometimes, sorrow could be put in creative ways...it is then..i channel it to my writing(the sorrowful parts) ...and get a more honest result rather than I write them when im ok..

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

err...rarely get upset?..wow amazing...i guess..im the other way round...un4tunetly..well so...

Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone no doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
I'm just stoned

Grasping to control
So you better hold on

-sid-

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for me, i'm easily depressed.. Sometimes im just sitting down on a normal day; everythings fine.. then i start to think and think and think..Recently i've been pondering on questions like; Whats life? Where will I be in 5 years? Will i find true love? Will any of my friends remember me later? Who's coming to my funeral?....etc..
When i think of these problems and all the variables in my once orderly life, i get depresed...
But the good thing about me is i'm not depressed for long, thank God i was born with a short term memory... After thinking about those depressing issues, i have a few methods of getting my mind of them... Example:
-Ice Cream
-Oreos and ice cream
-A nice long sleep
-Happy movies
-Talking to friends and family about their day
-Reading a fantasy novel
-Playing computer Games
-Running
-Sky gazing
Well it's all pretty much what i do for fun when i have the time...
Oh well, thats all

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Arvind,
I'm glad to hear that you rarely feel down...i admire that. Something i should work on.

Apocalyptic Seraph,
I suppose feeling down can actually help you when you're writing the sad parts of your book. Weird how something so miserable can be used for good.

Sid,
Hey, maybe you should try to look for all the beautiful things in life and focus on them instead. That might help...

Michael,
Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, oreos cheer me up too. Oh, hey...don't let your thoughts make you feel depressed. I'm sure you will find true love. I am your friend and i'll always remember you...even when i'm on the other side of the world; and i'm sure there will be plenty of people at your funeral...if that's any consolation.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, oh well, yes thats nice to know.. But you didnt answer the question on life or where i'll be in 5 years..

You know any good psychiatrists? I think im needing one..

As for love, hmmm... this is a tricky matter, you might agree...I think everyone would agree..

Anyhow, how bout you? Ever think bout any of the morbid and depressing things i do?

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Hey,
I don't think i want to say anything about life yet...it's too unpredictable, and where you'll be in five years...only time can tell.

Nope, i don't usually spend my time thinking about morbid and depressing things; though i barely think that your thoughts are such. Instead, I try to take life in strides as it comes, and deal with each moment the way i feel best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home