phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Money Making Idea

Okay...i confess. I'm at work and rather distracted from what i should be doing. Anyway, i was having lunch just a while ago and this song was playing in the cafeteria.


A hundred days had made me older since the last time
that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lights had made me colder and
I don’t think I can look at this the same
But all the miles had separate
They disappeared now when I’m dreaming of your face

I’m here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams
And tonight it’s only you and me

The miles just keep rolling as the people either way to say hello
I hear this life is overrated but I hope it gets better as we go

*Chorus

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
it gets hard but it won’t take away my love
And when the last one falls, when it’s all said and done
it get hard but it won’t take away my love

*Chorus


I was observing a girl at the next table. She was mouthing the lyrics of the song, and it appeared to be a rather unconscious act. This got me thinking...

If someone were to put all our biology, chemistry, history, sociology and math into lyrics, and compose songs out of them, exam results would be much better. Just think about it...how many songs do you know by heart? Amazing isn't it...all we need is a catchy tune, a bit of determination and our radio stations to play it once in a while and there should be no problem with everyone remembering their stuff.

So, here's my money making idea: If you are a a talented composer, put your formula's, geography and periodical table into songs. Then, produce a cd and somehow get it distributed...with a small cover charge of course. I think people would really buy into it...especially students. Anyway, once your mini business is successful, remember me and give me 10% of your profits...hehe. But for real...it is an idea worth thinking about.

I'm gonna be leaving work soon, so i gotta get back to finishing up a few last things. Later!

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm...i know...i even tried..it for 1 of my exams..wif a friend...we could create the lyrics..but did not have a good tune....we even tried changing the lyrics of certain songs...n remixing it...but it sucked...so it just died down....haha...

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi daenielle,

I'm impressed that you can come up with ideas like this, not alot of people have the sensory acuity to notice their suroundings like you do. The fact that you can do this only means that you can learn more from life compared to most of other people.

Music is an excellent tool for studying. Research shows that the best emaotional state to study in is Relaxation, enjoyable and fun state. Only when you are having fun with the material you are studying, you study natuarally without effort. Its call unconscious learning, in fact some say that ALL learning is unconscious. The best music you can listen to while studying is Baroque Music. This kind of music maintains a rhythm of 60 beats per minute, which puts the mind in a relaxed state. An example of this music are those which were composed by Bach.

Yes you are right the girl you notice in the cafeteria repeating the lyrics, is actually doing it unconsciously. She was actually in what we called "Light Trance" state, this kind of state occurs everyday with everyone. Can you remember a time where you driving and you were so engrossed in your driving, you kept on driving and driving , then suddenly realised that you missed your exit about a mile ago or have you notice before in a playground where kids are playing and having fun and then a ICe Cream truck drives into the palyground and plays that ice cream music. Have you notice that all the kids are like drawn to that music, like bees to honey, even while you hearing that music it makes you feel somehow light and there is sensation somewhere in you body telling you that you are connected to that music, isnt it? As you sit there, staring at the screen, reading my words, i wonder if you can realise the moment right before this moment and as you do that you find youself in a trance dont you? thats right.

We go in and out of these kind of trance everyday, the reason the girl can repeated the lyrics unconsciously, is because there was a time when she was in this trance like state, she was on autopilot mode and that piece of music was playing in the background, making it anchor to that state. So now everytime she hears that piece of music she switch into that trance state and everything she does becomes automatic.

Your idea of making your geography notes into musical pieces is great, i just dont know, would people want to hear it or not? A better way of doing this, is to find a piece of music that reminds you or puts you in a relax and enjoyable state. somethings that, when you listen to makes you feel good. I call this feel good songs. Then eveytime while you study, play that music in the background, so you link that enjoyable and relax state to your studies making it easy for you to absorbed to material you are studying. This makes you smarter and that makes your results better, so you can get a better degree, so that you get a better job, which will make you successful in your life, isnt it? :=)

There are alot more strategies for accelerated learning, you can find these resources on the net. If you want to read about it, get books written by Tony Buzan or "I am Gifted so are You" by Adam Khoo. Adam is my mentor and my friend, i have conducted training with him many times before and every time is able to amaze me with how fast he integrate these techniques of unconscious learning into him. Anywayz love your Blog, its allways an interesting read. Thank you.


Open your heart and Push the limits,

Jag.Senghera

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger blake said...

school house rock... dont know if you have ever heard it... but they definitely teach elementary concepts... it would be tough to change these songs around to actually market them to high school or college aged students... but if anyone can... you can

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Jag, thanks for your comments. I think that if students realized how beneficial studies, in the form of songs could be, they would definately want to get their hands on these cd's.


Puddin:
Nope i haven't heard of school house rock. Kind of sounds like what i'm talking about though.

Nope, i don't think i would be a good person to compose any sort of music because i simply can't. That's not something that i'm good at. But i think i know people who could do quite a good job coming up with cool songs that incorporate school material.

You know, there's this song that consists of all the countries in the world and it's got a really catchy tune. All one has to do, is listen to it a few times and then it would be stuck in that individuals head. This is what i'm talking about. It's part of making the whole learning process fun and memorable (literally).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home