phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Door Art (subject to interpretation)

Over the last few days, i've been bogged down with studying for my two final papers. In the process, i've felt quite stretched and a bit tense. Well, guess what...i've found a new way to express myself and release that feeling of tension.

I've actually been able to relax and believe it or not, what helped me was drawing on my door. Yup, I decided to take a break from studying for one of my papers, so i opened my drawer, took out a black marker, walked over to my white door and started doodling. The weirdest part was my dad happened to walk past just then and he stopped, observed me in the process of drawing on my door, and he was like, "That's nice..." and then he walked off. I actually found that quite hilarious as that was the reaction that i least expected.

Anyway, for a few hours over the past few days, i have been doodling on my door and it is now half full with black and white door art...something like the grafitti along the roads in Rome, but somehow mine didn't turn out as nice. Who cares though, really...this actually helped me relax and do something that i enjoy. In fact, i would even go to the extent of recommending it.

I gotta warn you though that this is lotsa fun and it's very tempting to start looking for new doors once yours is done.Just don't get yourself into trouble.

3 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

da nell!!!!...trust me..its much better if u have some1 reading a book for u...hehe..thn u can lead a stress free life...trust me....if u dont believe....get a friend...n ask him/her 2 read for u...:p..da nell!..

-sid-

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

You really should try reading yourself though. It's not half as bad as you think. In fact it's not bad at all...

Anyway, i've got something else to add to the list of things that cheer me up and that's getting my hair washed. I really enjoy going to a hairdresser and getting a head massage.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Gabriel said...

ahahahah.... i just find ur dad's reactions so funny, hmmm..wish my parents were as understanding towards my more unusual habits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home