phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, March 07, 2005

In the Still of the Night

A doorway for seeing what has passed, what is and what is to come. Is that what dreams are? A minute eyehole that gives us just a hint of supernatural powers? Dreams have always been a source of great interest to me. One of the chapters in my psychology class covered sleep and dreams. Since I learned that no one really knows where dreams come from and what they signify, I’ve always wanted to learn more.

Some believe that dreams are God’s way of speaking to us. Freud thought that it revealed our subconscious to us through symbolism. There have been and still are all sorts of theories on dreams but one thing that is agreed upon is the fact that at present, there is no one known reason for dreams.

Some people dream of what has happened in the past. This can be explained. It’s possible the individual is simply recalling memories of what has come to pass. I know of people who have had dreams of what will take place in the future…kind of like visions. A dream such as this would require interjection from some sort of authority figure because on our own, it is beyond our power to see into the future. Sometimes, dreams make no sense whatsoever…it just seems like our brain is working overtime while our bodies rest.

It’s a proven fact that we dream when we sleep – often multiple times in one night. The catch is whether we remember these dreams or not. Either way, we easily forget the dream/s shortly after we have awakened. Thus, I intend to preserve my dreams.

On my birthday, I got this diary/journal from a friend. The cover is made of a red cloth and has sequins and beautiful colored threads sewn into it. It’s glittery and gorgeous. This palm-sized, gypsy-looking book will be my dream journal from now on, as I intend to record my dreams in detail. At this point, I won’t attempt to draw any conclusions from my dreams. Instead, I will only observe and appreciate these dreams that I have.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Thanks Sush!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home