phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

How Now Shall We Live?

CCF (College and Career Fellowship) camp was my last camp. My last camp because I will be leaving for the U.S. in what seems to be no time at all.

In the last few days it almost seems like I've been jumping states. From Selangor to Sabah, back to Selangor then to Negeri Sembilan and back in Selangor again. But I've been having an amazing time and I've met loads of new people, including a guy from California, a guy from Canada and a girl from Italy. What fun!!!

My Kota Kinabalu trip was filled with many first's; first time to East Malaysia, first time to the island of Borneo, first time travelling with only my younger brother, first time flying Air Asia, first time climbing a mountain, first time reaching the peak, first time watching sunrise at 13 000 feet and sunset at 0 feet on the same day, first time snorkling, first time seeing such a beautiful beach, first time being practically stunned by nature, first time pushing myself to my physical limits...and the list goes on. I don't think it's possible to watch the sunrise from the top of the mountain and still not believe in God.

I'm still aching a bit, but much better. Yesterday, I was learning the basics of how to play American football...it is more fun than I thought and then later last night, I was playing mafia with a whole bunch of new found friends.

Now, I'm back home again and starting to think about the fact that I'm going to be leaving. My stomach lurches. I don't know if I'm ready to go...mentally, emotionally... *tear*

But I'm so thankful for friends who have been constantly encouraging me and trying to cheer me up, telling me that everything's gonna be ok. I don't know where I'd be without you guys. That freaks me out too...what will I do once I leave? I will be without you guys, no?


Here, here and here are some pictures from camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home