phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Little Angels

I'm sitting at my desk, doing work and suddenly I get this call on my handphone. Some unknown landline number. "Hmmm...wonder who that could be?" I pick up my phone and hear a whole bunch of noise in the background. "Hello?", says the voice. I reply, the wheels in my head turning...I was trying to place the child's voice. "Hello sister! How come you didn't come see us yesterday?" The voice was so enthusiastic.

And suddenly the voice had a face to it. It was one of my kids from the children's home that I help out at. I haven't been there for a while as so many things have been piling up left, right, centre. I haven't had time to go over and see all my kids for what...I think it's been about three weeks now. No wonder they were calling. I gotta say, these kids made my day. They have got such a vast amount of love that it overflows onto the people around them. Such wonderful little angels.

After a short chat, which basically consisted of them asking me to come back, we got cut off. *Smile* So adorable these kids are. I shall have to find time to go over and spend some time playing with these kids before I go off to Kota Kinabalu. It's such a blessing knowing these children. They help me see all the small, precious things in life...the things that I would miss otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home