phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Reminiscing

When I was around three to four years old, I wanted to break the glass TV screen simply because I wanted to play with the small, 2-inch tall people that were acting inside the TV. Good thing my older brother was there to stop me from doing just that. I would have been quite disappointed.

I was a smart kid though - I never believed in Santa Claus. I never thought that my toys come alive at night either...not like all the kids in Enid Blyton books.

At the sound of Mary Poppins' name, I would frown. I was never able to appreciate the movie till sometime around the age of twelve. I was quite young the first time I watched the movie. After watching her sing the toys back to their places in the nursery, I tried that in my room (mom had told me to clean up), but for some reason it didn't work. I sang and sang...and sang, but my toys didn't go back to their places. It's quite hilarious now, but I remember having a big grudge against that movie. I just hated it and didn't want to have anything to do with it. The weird thing is, I never really knew why I didn't like the movie...perhaps I was too young to remember what had happened, but I did know that I had a strong dislike for the movie. Years later, I somehow got stuck watching the movie, against my will. When it came the nursery scene, it finally hit me and I understood the source of my grudge towards the movie. Now I can peacefully watch Mary Poppins fly around with her umbrella and sing toys back to their places.

I had a wonderful childhood...one which I would trade for nothing. When I was in standard one and two, mom would pack my snack for me, and along with the sandwhich and slices of guava, she would slip in small love notes for me. I looked forward to opening my snackbox during recess everyday.

I've got so many memories, many of which are kept in my box of treasurers. I will open this box again one of these days - before I leave.

2 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh jesus christ daenielle..that was so hilarious..i couldnt stop laughing after reading that u relentlessly sang ya heart out to get ya toys back in place..that was so cute..u were quite an inquisitive & a curious minded child..i was too but mine was dangerous as i was so curious bout mechanism n electricity dat i started unscrewing wateva i could find to see wats inside..well i luved marry poppins & sound of music so much when i was a child..ive probably seen every disney cartoons when i was a kid & i still luv it till today

take care dear
Saravanan (sara)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Hehe...yeah. I was a weird kid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home