phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Bring it on 2005!

2005 is a new year, fresh with no mistakes or hurts.

I find this statement very encouraging. This last year has been rough for me. Many things have taken place and shaken me up in various ways at home, outside the home, in college, with friends...the list goes on.

Basically, this year has been tough and although i will miss 2004, i do feel ready to be given a fresh, new, blank piece of paper...*fresh with no blotches*

Although this year has been particularly difficult, there have been certain people that i have depended on so much to hold my hand and help me up every time i fall. Without these special individuals, i don't know where i would be...probably some dark lonely alley in downtown K.L., shivering in a corner and begging for food...well, maybe not that bad. But i would definately be in over my head...especially emotionally. I have had to deal with more emotions this year than i have all my life, and it hasn't been easy. Even so, i have no regrets because every trial has brought me out stronger, even more ready to face the next one that slaps me in the face. Not at all plesant, but necessary as part of life.

As 2005 approaches, and it will come whether we want it to or not, i have decided to embrace this year of opportunities and take it one step at a time. Looking ahead, i hope to leave for the U.S. to continue my studies for the fall semester next year. That's gonna be a huge step...one that i'm quite concerned and hesitant about. A big chunk of my support system will be shaken as i will be leaving many loved ones behind. I don't really want to think about that just yet though. For now, i will work on completing my university applications and cherish each moment with all my gems. Hopefully when it's time to leave, all of us will be ready to move into a new phase of life. Happy New Year!

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog-hopping. Nice blog. Hope that you have a good year ahead of you in all shades of pink. :)

Nikita
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=storyofnikita

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Nikita,
Thank you for dropping by. Happy New Year to you too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home