phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The 20th

I'm old.

Well, relatively...


Goodbye to my teens. It's weird how time flies.

I think that birthday's are weird. It's not like you're a year older on that day but for some reason it feels like that. We forget that it's actually a progressing thing and the change in our age between yesterday and today is the same as that of yesterday and the day before that. It's climbing a mountain, not teleporting from the foot to the peak.

I've been getting older all the time. It's just that i don't stop to realize it..and then it hits me on my birthday.


A few days ago, I celebrated my birthday and this last birthday has been my best ever. The night before, two of my friends took me out to watch Bridget Jones’ Diary and then we went for a midnight dinner at a wan tan mee shop which serves the best wan tan mee I have ever tasted...really good stuff.

Around 11.45, I got my first call from a friend who wanted to be the first to help me step into my 20’s. At the precise moment: 12:00:01, I was wished. That was really awesome.
From then on, the calls, messages and hugs just started streaming in. I got calls from all over and it was really amazing that so many people remembered my natal day. I’ve never felt so loved! The emotions were quite overwhelming. Too much attention; I almost didn’t know how to handle it. It was amazing receiving birthday greetings from friends who I haven’t heard from in ages. Gosh! Well, you guys know who you are. It was brilliant of you all...

That night, I went back to my best friends’ house and we had a 'slumber party'. We crept in quietly as it was quite late when we got back and everyone else was asleep. She gave me my birthday present, which I love, and then we talked and talked till we fell asleep. More messages on my phone.

I was woken around 7am by the tone of my phone. Guess what? A “Happy Birthday” greeting all the way from Ireland. My closest friends never forget, even if they are in another part of the world. I felt special.

The day went on really well and when I got home, I was flooded with hugs from my parents and brothers. Wow! I went to my room and there was this gorgeous bouquet of pink and purple flowers waiting for me. Double WOW!...and just the right colors too.

The surprises have continued and I’m quite overwhelmed. Really, this has been my best birthday ever and I will always treasure this 20th birthday of mine. I’m so thankful for all my friends who have done an outstanding job to make me feel so special. I thank God for my 20 years of wonderful life and for all the people with whom my path has crossed. Thank you again.

Note: A friend pointed out the truly golden moment: 20 years old at 20:20:20 on the 20th of January. Awesome huh? I was having dinner with my family at this moment. I suppose it’s one of the best ways to celebrate the historical moment.

Note 2: A special thank you to all those who gave me presents, cards, hugs, kisses and greetings. I appreciate them all...

2 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Gabriel said...

jeez..no wonder i couldnt get through on the 20th..hehe.. even msg's failed

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Cute, Michael...but i dare to differ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home