phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Mind Over Matter?

I have previously written a blog on things that cheer me up when i'm down (archives: Out of the Dumps), but i was wondering what is the actual significance of these activities or actions? Does it really help cheer me up or do i just think that it helps cheer me up? There is a significant difference between the two.

I had a lot of issues on my mind yesterday. There were some things that were seriously bothering me. I was even telling my best friend that so far this hasn't been too good a year for me as so many things seem to be going wrong. As we got finished lunch in mid valley, i told her that i needed to go shopping. Fortunately, she understood me-i needed something to cheer myself up. You can't imagine how much it helped. A few garments later, everything was starting to look beautiful again and already i felt much better. It wasn't a momentary thing either because i went home feeling better. I hadn't dismissed the other issues from my mind, but i was able to manage them and not let them overwhelm me.

But then i was thinking...i doubt that it's really purchasing something that cheers me up. It's more like i'm cheered up because i tell myself i will be after some shopping. If this is so, then that means that whenever i'm down, i can just tell myself to cheer up and that should work; the shopping put aside. Of course this isn't easy, but still, it should work, right? Mind over matter.

8 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Thanks gurl. I'll keep that in mind.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

well sometimes things are not obedient to theories, it may sound proper in words, but in actions they seem far too difficult to execute.

And I believe there's more to a certain activity that brings you up than just the 'idea' of it bringing you up. But however it may be, I hope your issues resolve soon - in due time

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Dear Apocalyptic Seraph,
Thank you. I appreciate your comforting words.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

Well glad I could be of some comfort as you've been to me before :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hie.. ^_^

I think the fact that you bought/got something cheers you up and not really the thought. I mean even when you're in a 'normal' mood you get this adrenaline rush when you get to buy something for yourself ^_^ Science can't really explain why this happen to girls and not to most if not all guys. Guy's don't understand either.. So glad you're feeling sooo much better girl! ^_^

-meimei :p -

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Mei,
But isn't it knowing that you bought something new what affects one's mood? And isn't that the thought? Oh well, i suppose it doesn't really matter cuz i do feel much better now.

Anyway, thanks for tolerating and taking such good care of me that day. I needed it. HUGS!!!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Apocalyptic Seraph,
Thanks again.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... got a point there ^_^ You're welcome!Anyime Nell

-suemei^_^-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home