phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, January 03, 2005

The New Year

I had a great new year this year. In the past, my new year's day hasn't really been anything particularly special. Every other year when i'm in the U.S., i usually spend my new year's alone; the reason being, we're always at my grandparents place and my grandparents stay way out in the country. Thus, i spend the turn of the new year in front of the crackling warm fireplace in the basement of my grandparents house with a good book, some Saltine crackers and mozarella cheese. It's my very own Turtle Lake New Year's tradition.

I really didn't feel like celebrating new year's this year...not after so many people have died. It just didn't really feel right for me. So, although i was at a house party, i didn't celebrate. Instead, i spent time talking to people there and appreciating life. I even made some new friends. This has been one of my best new year's ever and it has been an overwhelming new year as there was much to reflect on.

Welcome 2005!

I don't know whether i'm ready for this year or not, but it has come, as time and tide awaits no man. I presume i will take each day a step at a time and try to stomach what comes my way. This is going to be a year of change, it's gonna be tough and i have no idea what will happen. My future is really vague at this point in time. Nonetheless, this is going to be an exciting year as i'm gonna be off into the world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home