phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, January 31, 2005

The Course of Nature

Rain streams down the windowpane in front of me as I stand alone.
In the distance, the trees sway in synchrony to the wind that ruthlessly sweeps over the countryside.
Raindrops pour down the glass, washing away all impurities.

Way off, lightning illuminates the grey, cloudy, misty sky.
Thunder crashes, as if not wanting to be left out of the majestic orchestra.
The rain cascades even more rapidly, trying to take control…trying and failing but refusing to give up.
There is no sign that the storm will let up anytime soon.

Leaves are swept off their trees and blown away in the blustery weather.
Lightning zigzags towards the earth in a menacing manner.
Small raindrops fall from the heavens in torrents, as I stand gazing into the distance.

A shiver runs down my spine as a loud crack rips a branch off a tree nearby.
The flow of water running down the pane looks daunting.
I stand, drenched from head to toe, shivering, through and through.
Yet, I continue gazing out the window in a trance, as if waiting for something.

The sky above is grey and cloudy.
The earth below is drenched.
All too suddenly, the rain stops.
Just like that…
The sun begins to show its shy face from behind the enormous grey clouds.

The thought of a warm hand on my bare shoulder reminds me of the person I am fondly thinking of. Somewhere out there, he is missing me more than I can imagine.
The storm is over.
The sun is out again.


Note: Jogging in the rain is more relaxing than I imagined it to be.



3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i do come here off and on to see what you've been up to. your writings are very interesting and unique. i do believe that soul of yours is truly beautiful. :)

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Thank you annonymous person. Hope to see you around here more often.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Gabriel said...

'Anonymous person'..hehe... you should adopt my nicknaming strategy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home