phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Patience

I've been quite worried these last few days. I have already been accepted to two of the three universities that I applied to, but I haven't heard anything from the third. Suddenly, sometime last week I got this email saying that my application couldn't be reviewed becuase it wasn't complete. A complete university application consists of the online application form and the documents mailed to the university, such as final college transcripts, standardized test scores, course outlines, letters of recommendation, etc. Assembling all these documents, translating them and getting all of these papers certified is a long, tedious process which is really dreadful. The last thing I wanted to do was repeat the whole process.

The university told me that my application wasn't complete because they didn't recieve the package I couriered. I went back to college, trying to track down the package, hoping that I wouldn't have to resend the whole thing. Fortunately, the UPS tracking showed that it had arrived in Greenville, South Carolina.

I emailed the admissions office, telling them the situation I was in. They hadn't got my package and it was way overdue. Fortunately, they were very sympathetic and requested that I fax over a copy of my transcripts becuase they needed to review it for admissions as time was running out. When it rains, it pours!!! The fax I sent wasn't clear. At this point in time, I was starting to think of just giving up all together. It was almost as if I wasn't meant to go there. But then...well, I had already put so much effort into the whole thing that I didn't want it to go to waste just because of the big waves.

Yesterday, I emailed my results to the admissions office and today I was prepared to fax another copy from a different fax machine. The bleak sky this morning sure didn't help the mood of things. I got to office and started checking my emails. Instantly, I spotted an email from the university. It read:

"Your application is complete and ready for evaluation. Thank you for your patience!"

The sun is out again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home