phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The 13th

It's exactly one month until I leave for the US. Fortunately, I can say that I am much more prepared mentally and emotionally than I was a while back. It has been sinking in slowly. Nonetheless, it's gonne be tough leaving everything that I have.

Yesterday I was with some friends at the mamak and one of them pointed out that I'm not actually leaving anything...I'm just putting it on hold until I get back. I suppose I should be thinking that way. After all, two and a half years will fly by in no time and I'll be back with all that is dear to me quite soon. In a sense, I suppose taking a break from everything will let me appreciate it all even more when I get back. (I might actually enjoy my younger brothers pouring cold water down my back when I'm intently reading a book!)

I was just reminded last night that a dark room filled with shining, glimmering candles is so beautiful!

4 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Gabriel said...

Friday the 13th

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Margaret Alexandria Yoong said...

All the best, Daenielle!

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaving 4 studies seems like taking a long absence from everything familiar back home.But I know God will keep u safe wherever u may be & we're all close in each other's thoughts & prayer. All the best Daeni *hugs* will miss u loads!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Maggie: Thanks so much!

Jess: You guys have impacted my life more than you can imagine and that means so much to me. I look forward to the last few bible studies and mamaking sessions we have before I leave. Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home