phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Motive

It's been hitting me smack in the face everywhere I turn. Somebody's trying to tell me something. I keep being reminded that in everything we do, what really matters is out motive: Why do we do what we do?

I hope to start questioning myself more often and understand the 'why' of my actions. But even if you're intentions are pure, it's possible that you're actions might not be all that good, yes? So how???

Life is full of contradictions.

3 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deryk Ng said...

Just a little thought, to better know ourselves and the way we come to undertand our behavior, it is necessary for us to consider the parts of the mind, Psychoanalysis teaches that every person's mind consists of three division. The first is called "id". The id represents the impulses that arise within the body - basic physical drives. I t produce mental representation of a bodily need, such as hunger, thirst and sex. Id impulses are so characterized by immediacy:"I want it and I want it now."The other two are ego and superego. Superego is an external pressure for comformity to a set of standards placed upon the human ego. It is known as the place for conscience. The most central part of the human mind is the ego iteself. It stands between the id and the superego and attempts to resolve any conflicts between them.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Deryk Ng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Yeah...I studied that in Psychology 101. Wasn't that Freud's model?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home