phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

From the Other Side of the World!

I'm finally here!

I love the smell of the grass and the air. I love how everything is so spaced out and not crowded.

But at the same time, and even more, I already miss home and what makes home-the people. I was thinking of my close friends the whole time on the flight here...that is, when I wasn't sleeping. And for those who were at the airport, dissapointed because I didn't cry, don't worry, I cried myself to sleep on the plane. I miss you all more than you can imagine...and it's only been one day! Thank you all for coming to the airport!

My flights were uneventful...I slept most of the way from KL to Tokyo, and most of the eight hours at the Narita airport, which is the only reason why I'm still awake now to write. I slept a bit more on the ten hour flight from Tokyo to Minneapolis...yes, I know. A lot of sleeping...I think it was my way of not thinking about the fact that I have actually left. It's painful.

Anyway, on my final flight, I was seated next to this nice couple, so I talked with them quite a bit...when I wasn't sleeping. I got into Minneapolis airport around 1.30pm and met mom and my aunt. We went for lunch and did some errands. Surprisingly, I'm still awake. I'll be going for a jog in a bit and then I've got some shopping to do to get some stuff for campus. I'll be driving over there with mom and my aunt on Thursday. Anyway, the sun sets here around 9pm now cuz it's summer, so looks like I'll have to find stuff to do till then...

Oh, a family friend got me a digicam for a farewell gift. It's the awesome Sony T33! So, looks like I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get my laptop. Well, that's all for now. Just wanted to let you all know that I've reached here safely and I'm doing good so far, besides missing everyone a lot!

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy that you have arrived there safely. While this link lasts please don't spare us any details, We will be reading.....

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Hey UB, I'll try not to and will try to get pictures up as soon as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home