phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Girl's Night

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Tonight is girl's night. My friends and I are gonna spend time together listening to our kind of music while we talk, do our hair, nails and have facials. After that, we're gonna watch a girly movie...maybe Sleepless in Seattle (I like Meg Ryan movies). It's gonna be fun.

Now, regarding a whole different topic. Over the last few days and weeks, I've begun to realize how important it is that you know why you do some things and why you don't do others. It's so easy to just drift with the crowd and not have to stand out. If you always do something because someone else told you to, and not because you believe in it yourself; then, when there's pressure to conform, you will so easily succumb to that pressure. Be it values, habits or lifestyles, you need to know why you do certain things. I've been realizing this more and more recently. I believe that I am slowly realizing more and more who I really am and what I believe. I'm finally being formed into the person that I will be the rest of my life. I suppose that's one of the most significant changes that results from leaving home. I'm just trying to take it as I go...gradually.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger crave said...

It happens,so very frequent,
Ms.Illuminati!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Shankar said...

Leaving home does do that...the further from that homely place you go, the more will you realize of things.

and well Daenielle, to live a dream of another is to murder that of your own.

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup 1 of the reasons would be what Apocalyptic Seraph has mentioned..leaving home & staying on your own does change a particular individual a bit, be it in a negative or a positive way but we are talking positive here..:-) Well as a matter of fact, perhaps you are realizing that you have been missing lots of things that you would have actually liked doing because its you and your independent self now that leaves you more than adequate amount of time to do new things from the influence of others..when you were back home in kl, you were practically tied up with lots of commitments that engulfs your time..:-)...the gals nite out sounds phenomenal..have fun dearrie

Sara (saravanan)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seattle! oho!

sounds deep, and very vague and mysterious eh? but ur right, although i think there is never actually a person that you will be for the rest of your life (character keeps changing, though it gets harder as time goes on)

its just one of the many people you will be over the time you live :)

sara (cousin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home