phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

People Are Hungry

I was shocked to learn that all the extra food from the dining hall is thrown away.

I was working with one of my co-workers yesterday. There was a lot of food left over after lunch, so I was curious as to what was going to happen to it. Now I wish I hadn't asked. They throw it away...they throw it all away!

Now, I know that dining hall food isn't the best food in the world, but the food here is quite ok and I'm sure that it's much better than not having any food at all. Aren't there shelters or soup homes that it can be donated to?

Apparently not.

Why? Legal issues.

What has the world come to? The process of donating the food is so complicated and it's so much of a hassel that they just throw it away. I feel so bad...especially after growing up in a family where my parents taught us not to waste food. Yikes!

I wish there was something that I could do. I'm working on it...

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gurl ^_^

Tell me about it. I've got a friend working at the uni's cafeteria and she tells me that they throw away all the leftovers too.. Sad isn't it? So what she does is take what she wants (everything if she wanted just that it's a bit embarassing to do that...) and gives it away to some of her starving friends (heh heh...) or to those who are just too lazy to cook, for free! You could do that too if you can take those food back. Hey, it's not like there're spoilt or anything like that. Also, another stall drops their prices really low like one hour before closing time to sell them all away. And it really works!!! Try going there a minute later. Nothings left.... Anyway, have fun!! I'm going off now!

-mei ^_^-

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger daenielle said...

Hey gurl, it's good to see you on here again. Anyway, do give me a call sometime soon. We've so much to talk about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home