phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Random Thoughts & Updates

I finally watched War of the Worlds. The little girl acted really well and overall I think the movie was quite ok, but not so much my type cuz of all the blood.

I've finally completed The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's a good book that is well written and I definately recommend reading it.

Very interesting how buying beer is sort of a right of passage here. One of my housemates has his birthday yesterday. He's 21, so it's finally legal for him to purchase beer.

I'm starting to really like the Toyota Supra.

I had Chinese food for lunch today. It was quite good.

I'm surprised that I don't really miss Malaysian food yet. That's usually the first thing I miss.

The strawberries here are big, sweet and juicy. I've been eating a lot.

People here exercise so much. There are always people playing Ultimate, jogging, cycling or some other outdoor sport. My bro and I did some football (soccer) yesterday. That was fun.

The pastor of the church I went to today preaches in bermuda's and a short sleeve shirt. I don't quite know how I feel about that just yet.

I like the Mazda 5 so much better than the Mazda 3.

So many people here use Mac's. It's really quite amazing.

I really like my housemates. They crack me up so much!

It's hard living with your heart in one place and your body in another. I have to stop that. I have to fully be where I am, otherwise I end up in between and nowhere.

Discussions here are constantly intelligent. It's not easy living with Stanford students, but i's fun and very educational.

I've never played so many board and card games in such a short time.

Fruit salad with a bit of honey mixed in is really good. I'm learning how to cook so many other dishes, including chinese and korean stuff.

I know I've said this over and over but I must stress it again and I'm sure I will many more times in the future: the weather here is simply gorgeous!

I keep being mistaken for a Spanish. I need to learn Spanish.

What is the purpose of dating if you don't intend to get married any time soon?

Life is weird...and so am I.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being mistaken as a spannish isn't bad...

I know it's kinda mean; but rather funny:

Imagine like there was a Singh guy in a turban or something walking past the brit embassy... and suddenly it gets bombed and the Singh starts running away... and everyone just stares at this "terrorist" runnign around frantically while trying to keep his turban on...

ok i'll shut up now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home