phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Recent Happenings

I had quite a busy and productive weekend.

Friday night was girl's night and it was a great success. We gave each other facials, did each other's nails and then hair. It was as fun as I imagined it to be.

Saturday, we (my housemates and a few others) went to a friend's place which is about an hour and a half drive away. At his place, we had a really good dinner, played some games in the pool, and then had an amazing game of volleyball (Sush, I understand why you love the game so much!).

I am beginning to knit. I never thought I would learn but one of my friends bought me knitting needles and yarn, so I had no excuse not to learn. It's fun anyway...I'm working on a pink scarf.

I'm half way through "The Half-Blood Prince" and I hope to finish it real soon.

Yesterday, my brother and I made dinner for the 10 people that we would have over. A fellow Malaysian friend of ours brought over a durian. It was worth the $6 just to see everyone's differeny reactions towards it. I took a short video and it really is hilarious. I was surprised that quite a few of them actually liked it. Haha... We had to cut it outside...couldn't bring it anywhere near the house.

I've been having loads of fun these last few days and I'm learning more about the people I live with too. I'm so happy to be able to meet them.

Oh, last night I watched this animated movie called "The Iron Giant". I definately recommend it. It's hilarious and has quite a touching storyline.

I just got off work and I'm gonna be going home now. The fire alarm went off while I was at work. We all had to leave the building. There was no fire visible at all, so I guess a student must have been playing a prank or someone was smoking in the dorm. It was interesting though and I have to say that the Fire Brigade here arrives on the scene quite fast.

Well, I'm gonna get back to Harry Potter now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home