phases in shades of pink...

Life is complicated. It not only comes in various colors but in various shades of each color. Black and white appear at opposite extremes of the spectrum and in between are all the different shades of colors. Thus, hot pink would be funky, lively and energetic while a rose white would symbolize a more serene, peaceful and pure environment. My life therefore, is colored in shades of pink.

Monday, June 27, 2005

1332

I've got an interview in about an hour, so I don't have much time. I just went for an interview at Stanford Bookstore but they don't want people who are only working for the summer, so that didn't work out. Really too bad...I was hoping to get that job. Anyway, I'll be off to Olive Garden in a bit for that interview. We'll see how that goes.

I'm staying about 5 minutes from Stanford campus at this house with my brother and 4 other people. 3 guys, 3 girls. It's fun though cuz this is the first time I'm staying with a whole bunch of students. There's almost always something going on there and random people walk in and out as they wish. So we constantly have all these visitors. I'm still meeting new people every day. Dinner has been fun. We rotate and take turns making dinner, along with a whole bunch of people who happen to drop by. We usually have at least 10 people for dinner. The food has been good. We've had Korean food, Chinese, Italian, and the list goes on. Somebody makes something new every day. After dinner, we usually gather around and either play board games or watch movies. It's quite fun. I just really wish I had a job cuz then my life would kind of be stable again. I'm getting used to it here though...it's ok...but I still miss home.

I realize that I have a hard time letting go of things. I suppose that's good and bad. But I'm trying to learn to move on because otherwise I dwell in the past but live in the future, resulting in me not enjoying and appreciating either one. I don't intend to leave people or memories behind...I would never do such a thing, but I do have to live in the time that I am in now, whether I like it or not. And I have to choose wisely what to do with the time that has been given to me.

It's been a whole new experiance living with Stanford students. I feel so intimidated. These are a bunch of amazing, talented, smart young individuals. It's a good environment though, I suppose...The closest I'll get to being in one of the top Uni's in the world...at least for now.

Oh, I hear chimes from the clocktower. I have to leave...looks like I'll be going out into the unknown again. But I look up and find comfort...the sky is familiar. ;)

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gurl, glad to hear things are getting better...
i knew they would! =)
anyways, wht u said is rite...
dont keep lookin behind to c whts left behind...look forward.
it may be hard but its the right thing to do. u'll miss out on too much if u dont.
i really hope its all going well.
will pray for u..=)
n, you're feeling intimidated by their intelligence?...hehe, think how id feel...
anyways, take care
-:-nat-:-

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger daenielle said...

Thanks gurl. So, how are things going and when are you planning to transfer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home